Sunday, December 11, 2022

Memento

Envelope

Wood, white paint, and black paint.
3" x .75" x 1"

My Memento, entitled Envelope, was inspired by a package that I sent to my grandpa. I created a string picture and mailed it to him in a white bubble mailer that only had black writing on the outside. Unfortunately, he passed away before he could open that package and when we went to his house, I found the envelope, unopened in a pile of mail. I still have the package but have not opened it. My memento is shaped to look like an envelope with grooves of bubble wrap from the inside. I only used black and white paint because those are the colors I associate with the envelope, and they help to emphasize the simplicity of what is on the outside. The idea of simplicity on the outside can be applied to numerous events in our own lives based on other people’s perspectives, as well as our own.  








Diagram

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Figurative Busts

King of the World and Suffocation Left Sculpture: wood, paint, air-dry clay, chalk pastels, black ink, gold leaf, and rhinestones. 11.5"...